Last Revised May 1st, 2015
Full Member training requirements
New members will be on probationary status until they complete the following
- Introduction to RCSAR Policies
- Introduction to Communication policies, procedures, and equipment use
- NIMS IS 100 online course (Incident Command System training)
- NIMS IS 700 online course (Incident Command System training)
- SAR Tech III (NASAR online or in house course)
- Introduction to Wilderness Navigation
- Introduction to Technical rescue safety and procedures
- Introduction to Water rescue safety and procedures
- Introduction to Avalanche awareness and safety
- 50% attendance at meetings their first year
- Participate in 6 field trainings/year
- Been a member of RCSAR for 12 months
Additional certification and/or training
- ATV Safety class
required prior to operating an ATV on a mission or training.
- Snowmobile Safety class
required prior to operating a snow machine on a mission or training.
- Level 1 Avalanche course (this is a 2.5 day class)
- MLPI (managing lost person incident) course
Required to become an IC
- SRT (swift water rescue technician course)
required for members of swift water rescue team.
- Introduction to ELT operations
Once full member status has been achieved, to be considered an "Active" member one must attend 6 general meetings and 6 field trainings during the calendar year.
Full and Active member status will be required for any of the following roles
- SAR Board Member
- Ops Chief
- Field Team Leader
- Specialty Team Leader
Members who have achieved "full" member status but do not meet the requirements of an "active" member can respond to calls. Their level of involvement, like everyone else, will be at the discretion of the IC and/or Ops Chief.
To take IS 100 or IS 700 independant study classes go to training.fema.gov. Click FEMA independant study, then ckcil NIMS Courses, then scroll down to IS 100 or IS 700.